in english 2. Dokumentation / Portfolio

The middle part


I can show you only with a video. Because it is glued fabric and paint swatches.



Color and fabrics concept

The falling fabrics, embroidery and lace elements of curtains fascinated me as a child. The floor-length, white curtains, with an ornament of crochet birds and flowers that we had at home, let me dream. My affinity for fabrics and materials were discovered through these curtains. This love for the falling curtain fabrics I let into my work incorporated.

The waving motion of curtains in the wind, I imitated through the use of chiffon. Organza, organza satin and chiffon to make the outfits seem varied. By silks should a playful lightness and peppy elegance reach. I also played with different variations and varied between dense and transparent fabrics.

The cotton is in a contrast to the silk, which is usually often worn with merino wool, cashmere or even with silk itself. So I symbolize the disregard of conventions, which should appeal to a dreamy adults. The cotton gives an everyday, urban street-style feeling. The thick cotton fabric to protect the wearer from prying eyes, as do curtains. I always used 100% silk and 100% cotton. There are high-quality, innovative garments arise, which nestle with ease to the silhouette of the wearers.

Many curtains made of lace or crochet. In order to replicate this I used a delicate lace. It consists of polyester, but has a very delicate touch. It gives the outfit through their fine waves a special structure. Through this a break in style to the other fabrics is achieved. In order also in other materials take up this wave structure again, I sewed Organza strips in waveforms. This is supposed to represent the softness and the volume of clouds. I bring the organza movement, as I alternately tight little waves, until almost have sewn straight stripes. The deliberately frayed ends to represent the apparent weightlessness of feathers.

Details were important to me in the color picker. So I breathed an all white outfit a life, as I combined different white tones that subtly different from each other. In addition to a Clear White I was using for this outfit a fabric in porcelain and a soft, transparent, white organza. This shines through the skin color beneath. The white tones gives the collection not only modern, but it recalls the association of clouds and sky.

Yellow stands out in my collection, but it is staged differently on each outfit. I often use it in an interaction with whites - that the Yellow both increased, as well as attenuate and create different moods. The gaudy yellow represents joy of life and reminds us of the sun. The attenuated, producing a gentler and calmer mood.


The sky is often associated with blue or the afterglow. I grabbed deliberately not clichéd sky colors on, but put the focus on a purple-tone of a sunset. This gives a soft, dreamy feel, which captures me at the thought of flying. The Purple can be used as multi-faceted, as well as the sky is. As fine chiffon combined with the yellow complementary color, it creates a luminous contrast. Limits are, as in a dream, no set. The color is to bring the dreamy side of the wearer to the fore.




Leave me a comment.. =))
Please feel free to check out my Twitter page & subscribe!


In Love

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts